Frequently Asked Questions

Do you provide services such as bill pay?

Yes, you can pay a host of bills in branch by setting up a Direct Debit or by arranging an E.F.T. (Electronic Fund Transfer).  You can also use CUonline, our online banking service to pay one off bills or set up regular payments from your account.


Can I get my salary or pension paid into the Credit Union?

Salary: Yes, your Mallow Credit Union account has an IBAN & BIC number which means employers can set it up as your principle payment account.

Pension: Yes, your pension can be set up to be paid weekly into your Credit Union account with an Electronic Fund Transfer.


What is your Car Loan Rate?

Currently, you can avail of our Personal Loan Rate of 9.5% (9.92% APR) to buy your next car. This means if you borrowed €10,000 over 3 years you would pay approximately €74.17 per week, and repay €11,571.16 over the full term, inclusive of interest. (All figures given are for your general information only, and give a rough guide to loan repayments. Any statements on this website do not purport to be authoritative or legally binding.)


What do I need to make a loan application?

To apply for a loan you will need to be a member of Mallow Credit Union. (this includes any of our 8 branches).

You will need to provide us with:

  • 3 most recent pay slips for all parties* whose income is used to support the loan application.
  • In the case of the self- employed we will require the most recent audited accounts together with a letter from your accountant confirming that your tax affairs are up to date.
  • 3 months, up to date, bank account statements for all parties whose income is used to support the loan (depending on loan amount)
  • Proof of address.


How can I join the Credit Union?

To become a member, you must be living or working within our Common Bond area (a seven mile radius of one of our 8 branches)

You will need to provide us with 3 forms of identification*, one from each of the sections below:

  • A Photo ID – valid passport or driver’s licence.
  • Proof of Address – utility bill or bank statement dated within in the last three months.
  • Your P.P.S. number on an official document.

*Three forms of identification are required in order to comply with the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing) Acts 2010 to 2021, and the Return of Payments Regulations (Banks, Building Societies, Credit Unions and Savings Banks) 2008 as relates to all financial institutions.


Can I set up a joint account?

Yes, to set up a joint account both parties must be present and must each have 3 forms of ID (as above) with them.


How do I set up an account for my child?

To open an account for a minor under 16 you need to provide the following:

From the Child From the Parent/ Guardian
  • Child’s Birth Certificate or Passport
  • Photo ID
  • Proof of Child’s PPS Number
  • Proof of name & address dated within the last 6 months (i.e. Utility Bill/Bank Statement)
  • Proof of PPS Number


What happens to your account should you pass away?

When someone signs up for a membership they nominate a person or group of people to receive any property in the credit union, savings, at the time of their death. The member can change the person nominated in writing at any time during the member’s lifetime.

The nominated person will be contacted by the credit union on the death of the member. Find out more about nominations here.


Do you have a Debit Card?

Yes! Our Key Account has full Current Account services including a Debit Mastercard available to use online, in-store, at ATMs, at home or abroad. Check out the full details of our Key Account.