To become a member, you must live or work within our Common Bond area.
This includes areas within a 7 mile radius of Mallow or the parishes of Ballyclough, Banteer, Broadford, Buttevant, Caherbaenagh, Castlemagner, Castletownroche, Churchtown, Clondrohid, Coolclogh, Coomlogane, Crinaloo, Cullen, Derragh, Doneraile, Donoughmore, Drishane, Dromahane, Dromcollogher, Feenagh, Feoghanagh, Glantane, Grenagh, Keale, Kilberrihert, Kilcorney, Killavullen, Kilmeady, Liscarroll, Lisgriffin, Milford, Millstreet, Mourneabbey, Mountrivers, Nad, Rahalisk, Rathcoole, Rosnalee, Shanballymore, Skagh, Tincoora, Tullylease.
A four mile radius of Charleville town and includes the villages of Ballyagran, Ballyhea, Dromina, Effin, Newtownshandrum.
You will need to provide us with 3 forms of identification*, one from each of the sections below:
- A Photo ID – valid passport or driver’s licence.
- Proof of Address – utility bill or bank statement dated within in the last three months.
- Your P.P.S. number on an official document.
*Three forms of identification are required in order to comply with the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing) Acts 2010 to 2021, and the Return of Payments Regulations (Banks, Building Societies, Credit Unions and Savings Banks) 2008 as relates to all financial institutions.
To open a Joint Account, both parties must be present and must each have 3 forms of ID (as above) with them.
IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR DOCUMENTATION, PHONE 022 21121 AND CHECK BEFOREHAND.
To open an account for a minor under 16 you need to provide:
|From the Child||From the Parent/ Guardian|
|Child’s Birth Certificate or Passport||Photo ID|
|Proof of Child’s PPS Number||Proof of name & address dated within the last 3 months (i.e. Utility Bill/Bank Statement)|
|Proof of PPS Number|
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
As a member, you will enjoy many benefits including:
- Control over your finances. You own the Credit Union, One vote per member at AGMs.
- Easy, 24hr access to your account with our CUonline service.
- Encouragement and advice on a regular saving programme.
- Loans at relatively low rates, which remain consistent even through times of economic turbulence.
- Ease of payment through Direct Debits, Express Lodgements or Payroll Deduction.
- Security of savings through the credit union’s fidelity bond, and through the Irish League of Credit Unions Savings Protection Scheme, €100,000 Deposit Guarantee Scheme.
- Loan protection and life insurance at no direct cost to you.
- The knowledge that your savings are being used in your own community
- Friendly personal service and opening hours that suit you.
- No transaction charges or hidden fees.