Volunteer with your local Credit Union
At the heart of every credit union is its volunteers. The Board of Directors of every credit union is drawn from members who have the skills and knowledge to lead and manage the long-term success of the credit union.
Mallow Credit Union now has 8 branches open across their Common Bond area, with 2 in Mallow (Main Street & Ballydaheen), Millstreet, Buttevant, Doneraile, Charleville, Dromcollogher and Broadford. There are a number of voluntary positions open on their Board of Directors, the Oversight Committee & Planning & Development Committee and they would like to invite members of the community to apply. These committees provide experience, learning and an active role within the credit union.
Mallow Credit Union relies on the enthusiasm and commitment of volunteers who give their time freely to develop and enhance the services of their credit union.
In return for volunteering, credit union volunteers are afforded the opportunity to;
- Become responsible for directing the affairs of a local business
- Gain new skills and experience with a professional financial services provider
- Enhance personal development through targeted training programmes
- Increase career prospects by adding a valuable achievement to CVs
- Meet like-minded people from the community
- Know that they have helped the continued development of a professional service which benefits the entire community.
Finance, information technology, management and communications skills are particularly welcome. However, any ability to make a contribution is appreciated. There are policies and training in place to support volunteers in their roles.
If volunteering with Mallow Credit Union sounds like something you might be interested in learning more about please call into your local branch or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.